Thought for the Day 24 July 2018
Welcome back to the thought for the day. Today my thought is really a bunch of thoughts in the form of questions so here goes.
- Why does the world have so many politicians, since a lot of them are ignorant, self-important, incompetent, useless and just a drain on their country’s resources?
- Why do politicians have bodyguards and blue-light brigades given question one? These things just add to the drain on resources. In this category of question I also add multiple houses instead of just a rent allowance or multiple wives in countries that have polygamy as a legal structure, (And why do some countries actually pay for wives out of taxpayers’ money, in the form of their own houses, cars, body guards, etc. etc. etc.) or expense allowances, or hugely expensive cars or any of the other perks of being a politician.
- Why, in addition to all of the above, do politicians get paid such large sums of money, when most of them add no value at all?
- Why do politicians have no real responsibilities, no real targets or objectives, no real measurements of whether they are meeting even some minimal value to society at large, and above all, no accountability at all?
- Why do politicians, who spend an inordinate amount of time talking, have a spokesperson or even more than one?
- Why are politicians so self-important – I think I’d be embarrassed to do what they do?
- And, finally, why do politicians stick together in political parties – is it because they have so many parties all the time?
It seems to me that all of this is just superfluous jobs for the boys and girls. It is a huge overhead on any country and I believe the money could and should be much better spent.
PS: If you are feeling insulted by these questions then ask yourself this question – am I one of these politicians?